Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Road Trip

I waisted no time hitting the road for Alabama. I broke the trip down into two days, making a stop in Memphis for the night. Nobody passes through Memphis without grabbing some BBQ, so that's exactly what I did. It sure beat the Waffle House that I ate at in Arkansas - this one was truly the "awful waffle."

After being in Memphis for less than an hour, I already saw an Elvis impersonator. According to a friend of mine who is well-versed on living in the South, it was Elvis week in Memphis. Who would have guessed?

But the adventure did not stop there. I ran across this school bus just outside of Montgomery. But it wasn't hauling Sunday schoolers - not even close.


























I could tell I was getting close to Fort Rucker when I started seeing signs for Panama City Beach - 85 miles. You're just not used to seeing this in Ohio. Even more so, you're not ready for the humidity which is super thick down here.

Luckily, I made it here without a flat tire. If that would have happened, I would have to take nearly everything out of my car to pull out the spare.

No comments:

Post a Comment