Friday, March 12, 2010

Almost There

So I finally took my last ride of the program here at Fort Rucker. I apologize that it's been a long, long while since I last made a post. I guess I was busy to say the least.

For the past month, I've been a night owl. I go into the squadron around 1 p.m. and do not return until 12 hours later at 1 a.m. We have been flying at night using night vision goggles.

It's hard to believe that just 6 months ago I was learning how to fly and hover a helicopter. Now, I'm flying it on night vision goggles, in the low level environment, and in formation with another helicopter!

In any event, my training is complete. All that awaits is my assignment and my wings! That won't happen for another two weeks, so I'll just have to wait and enjoy the awesome spring weather. If you're wondering what I could fly and where i could go - take a look at my posts a few months ago detailing my options. I have no idea what I'll be doing or where I'll be going, but I can't wait to find out.

No comments:

Post a Comment