Sunday, February 14, 2010

Snow?



Apparently it's been a while since they've seen white stuff down here. And I'm not kidding.

Before the snow even hit the ground, most of the schools were closed. Shortly thereafter, local businesses and the entire post practically shut down. You can't even buy groceries in southeastern Alabama when there's less than two inches of snow on the ground!

Being from the north, I had to laugh. We'd never have school in Ohio if people reacted this way to snow. Oh well, I guess I have to give em a break - they don't really have any sort of snow removal equipment down here at all.

Despite the snow (or lack thereof), this is the best winter I've ever had. Compare my house in Alabama to home back in Ohio. Which one do you prefer?


1 comment:

  1. Hello there, I recently stumbled upon your blog, My grandfather flew helicopters in the Army and I've always been interested in learning more about them. I know its kinda weird, but I look forward to new posts. :)

    ReplyDelete