Sunday, January 24, 2010

Good Article

So it's been a long time since I last made a post - last year, in fact. We've hit off the new year with full force and I haven't had much time to keep you all updated.

I'm learning how to fly a helicopter in formation. The mission planning is time consuming. Instead of planning a mission for one helicopter (which is time consuming in itself), now you must mission plan for two. I'm finding out that I have a lot of work ahead of me, so I should get down to it and start planning for tomorrow.

In the meantime, the Air Force wrote an article on the 23rd Flying Training Squadron here at Fort Rucker. It spells out the steps student helicopter pilots take to get their wings in the USAF. And it has a lot of cool pictures. Check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment