Thursday, September 24, 2009

Two Weeks Deep


Yes, it's already been that long - two whole weeks of flying. After only 7 rides, I've progressed from barely being able to hover to flying a multitude of approaches & take offs. The number of life-and-death encounters per ride have decreased from a dozen to only 3 or 4.

Here's what I don't understand: I can take off and land with minimal problems, but I can't park the damn thing! That's right, the hardest part is setting it down exactly on the parking pad. If you thought that parallel parking a car was tough, try doing it with a helicopter!

Despite my setbacks, I'm loving this job. I can't think of anything else I'd rather be doing than buzzing around the tree tops with the doors open and the windows down. All I have to do is stay alive!


No comments:

Post a Comment